Rule Changes for Spring 2018 & beyond!
Rules Changes that directly affect the WCSSF:
Law 8 – THE START AND RESTART OF PLAY
- Kicker can stand in opponents half on a kick-off.
Law 10 – DETERMINING THE OUTCOME OF A MATCH
- If the GK offends and the penalty has to be retaken must be cautioned (Yellow Card).
- If the kicker offends (fakes, stops and continues, etc), kick is forfeited and mandatory caution (Yellow Card).
Law 12 – FOULS AND MISCONDUCT
- DOGSO – If offense is committed in the Penalty Area (so a PK will be awarded) and the Defender ATTEMPTED to play the ball, then it is only a Yellow Card and not a Red Card. If a player goes one direction or another to get past the goalie the player is still considered to be going toward the goal.
- Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Managers can be shown yellow and red cards for behavior deemed as inappropriate by the referee. If a Red Card is issued the game will stop until the carded person leaves the premises.
- Red Carded Coaches will be suspended from all WCSSF games until they have served the suspensions for the age level which they were carded. This includes other age groups that the coach may be involved as coach, assistant coach or manager.
Law 14 – THE PENALTY KICK
- Goal can be awarded after outside interference if the ball goes in the goal. If the interference does not prevent the GK or Defender from playing the ball and the ball was already going into the goal, allow the goal. It is no longer and automatic stoppage. If the ball is deflected to the goal by the outside interference, then re-kick.
Indiana Soccer’s Modified 10U:
- Goalie: If the goalie punts or drop kicks the ball, the Referee must remind the Goalkeeper of the “No Punt” rule, place the ball in the Goalie’s hands and allow the goalkeeper to do it over.
- Goal Kicks Kick can be taken anywhere in the penalty area, not just in the Goal Box.