- All players (12U, 11U, 10U, 9U, 8U) shall not engage in deliberate heading in competitive training.
- All players (12U, 11U, 10U, 9U, 8U) shall not intentionally head the ball in a game.
- All players, 12U & under who play on a 13U or older team will comply with the aforementioned restrictions. (This will be enforced by the coaches, not the referees.)
- The referees will enforce heading restrictions as per the age-level of the contest. There will be no intentional heading in all small-sided games (4v4, 7v7, 9v9); intentional heading allowed in all full-sided games. (This does not apply to the WCSSF’s HS Fall division.)
- When a player (12U, 11U, 10U, 9U 8U) deliberately heads the ball in a small-sided game, the referee will award an indirect free kick (IFK) to the opposing team from the spot of the offense.
NOTE: If the deliberate header occurs within the penalty area by the defending team, the indirect free kick should be taken on the penalty area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement.
Summary of Indiana Soccer Heading Restrictions as of August 1, 2018